TC Ichimoku Epiphany Observations
4 hr FX trend trading is most successful when price on the EURX and USDX index charts is:
- unencumbered of the Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen lines AND
- free of the Ichimoku Cloud on the daily and 4hr charts AND
- aligned with Cloud position on both the 4hr and daily Ichimoku charts.
- trending in the same direction on both the 4hr and daily Ichimoku charts.
The TC Ichimoku Epiphany
That when price on the Indices, the USDX and EURX, or on the individual currency pair in question is either:
- trading sideways AND is embedded within the Ichimoku cloud on the 4hr and / or daily chart OR
- tangled within the Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen lines OR,
- divergent on the 4hr and daily Cloud charts: with respect to position of price either above or below the Cloud then,
- 4 hr trend trading is more likely to be choppy and 4 hr TC signals will be less frequent AND
- any 4 hr TC trend signal is likely to be less reliable, and, thus, these 4hr trend trades are less likely to be successful and
- trend trading is more likely to be successful off shorter time frame 30 min charts during the late London and US trading sessions.